Grub issue can't boot

rivimey

Dabbler
I have been installing TrueNAS scale for the first time, and although I got a long way with configuring it I think I messed up at the end! :(

The system currently won't boot, with grub complaining of an unknown filesystem on the relevant disks. After investigating, I think the problem is that I 'upgraded' my main zpool and also upgraded the boot-pool, and I think grub no longer understands it. If I boot using the install media I can see everything ok. From grub rescue I can see the EFI partition, which appears ok, and grub at that point has 'zfsinfo' so it would appear to have zfs support enabled.

I saw a post in the archives: https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/upgrade-pool-zfs.99940/post-696108 which said that recovery from this was possible -- if so I would very much appreciate any details.

If this is not recoverable, is a complete reinstall needed? Can I save any of the config data and reload once reinstalled?

System: Asus Z97 MB with Core i7-4770K; 12GB DDR3/1333, no-OC; boot-pool on Samsung 970 NVME SSD connected using PCIe x1 adapter; 12 NAS-type SATA HDDs of which 6 are the main pool.

rivimey

Dabbler
I have "resolved" it by reinstalling on a new drive.