Greetings from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightSirius

Cadet
Glad to back on the FreeNAS scene! I finally recovered enough hardware from various other old builds to put together a semi-reliable (albeit OLD) home server!

System Specs
CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9450 (Yorkfield ~2008 ish)
Mobo: ASUS P5Q TURBO (P35 Chipset)
RAM: 8GB / 800MHz DDR2
GPU: GTX 470/9600 GT
Drives: 2 x 2TB WD Greens and 2 x 1TB WD Greens in RAID 10 for 2.63TB of redundant storage (though a bit less redundant than RAIDZ3 of course).

Seriously nothing fancy, I'd love to get E5 Xeon , 32GB of ECC and some better drives but alas the Canadian dollar doesn't make those things easy to procure!
Have pretty great network speeds regardless for the moment (attached some test results) and am delving a bit deeper into advanced configurations!
Hopefully I won't have to post on here and annoy you advanced users with any of my newbie questions haha :)

Cheers guys! Also thank you to everyone who was kind enough to make all the wonderfully in-depth documentation and presentations etc... for newbies like us!

Server Speeds [RAID 10].PNG

D

dlavigne

Cheers guys! Also thank you to everyone who was kind enough to make all the wonderfully in-depth documentation and presentations etc... for newbies like us!

Thanks from a fellow Canadian and lead of the doc team :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.