Greetings Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Hi there,
I've just gotten the bulk of my FreeNAS system up and running without too much of a problem and thought to introduce myself. Thanks a lot to everyone here for the awesome advice and tutorials on setting up everything! What I'm mainly using my FreeNAS for is:

1. PLEX Media Server (because PLEX is amazing ^_^)
  2. ownCloud server (setup with SSL Authentication from a paid CA)
  3. Backup Destination for Security Cameras and Studio Files via CrashPlan + other
I'm actually currently having problems accessing the Forum as it seems my IP range is blocked (probably from a masked attacker) and am using a free online proxy to access the forum. While it hasn't caused too much of a problem, it's severely inconvenient especially when you're trying to google a solution and have to run the online proxy site every single time for each unique forum post.

Anyways, here's my hardware:
  • Case: Rosewill 1.0 mm Thickness 4U Rackmount Chasis (8 fans built in, Stock is VERY QUIET!)
  • Motherboard: ASRock H87WS-DL ATX Motherboard
  • HDD: WD Red 2 TB NAS Hard Drive (x6) in RAIDZ2 (as per guides) = 7TB Usable Storage
  • NIC: Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I340-T4 PCI 2.0 Compatible Version, 4 Port NIC (in LACP)
  • RAM: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600
  • CPU: Xeon E3-1271 v3 Quad-Core Haswell Processor 3.6GHz (Passmark 10142)
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 PSU
Layer 2:
  • Netgear GS724v4 Managed Gigabit Switch
Layer 3:
  • Netgear N600 Router (going to change really soon!)
Right now around the network, my bottleneck is at the router since the ports are only capable of up to 100Mbps connections (not even 1 Gbps!!!) and the range and power of the "N" channel SUCKS! Will also be running CAT5e cable for upstairs and downstairs soon.
Working on:
  • ASUS RT-AC68U Router
  • Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD 1500VA 900W UPS Smart Rackmount Tower
  • Samson SRK-12 Universal Equipment Rack Stand (should fit the server and PSU but not sure if I'll need a shelf or not...)
The case is also capable of holding up to 15 drives. The downside is that they aren't hot swappable, but for the price, it's a great buy!
Anyways, I have other problems to take care of with this setup :D
Again, nice to meet you all!

XTREEMMAK

Dabbler
Hope not ;^_^
So far the reviews have been fairly positive; more so after the firmware updates. Though, can't be worse than the 5Ghz performance I'm getting with my current router lol. The range and performance on it is worse than the 2.4Ghz band lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.