Greeting from snowy Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recent transplant to the Seattle area. After my move, I found that my old FreeNAS system did not survive the move. I've decided to replace it, but have some question about extracting the data from the old hardware in the least painful way. I'll post that in the correct forum separately.

The old system consisted of an ancient Xeon 1U rack server, booting from a USB drive via a boot CD. Inside I had 2 new (at the time) multigig (3GB?) red WD drives configured as a RAID0. All of this is from memory, as my notebook is still pack in a box. It lived happily in my garage for a couple years without trouble, serving as a local file backup, media storage, and Plex server.

I think the new system will be a Dell PowerEdge T20. I'd like to reuse the drives from the old system if possible.

bigphil

Patron
Welcome to the forums, fellow Seattleite! I picked up a Xeon based Dell T-20 a couple months ago...fantastic little system and sometimes you can find them for a great price. I bought mine for $275 out the door direct from Dell during their winter promotion. As long as your disks are OK, you should be able to put them into another FreeNAS system and import the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.