Graylog installation keep failing

dwchan69

Contributor
Try to get the default Graylog (5.0.2) plugin installed on my TrueNAS (13.0-U3.1). I am using the advanced plugin install option while changing only

TrueNAS IP is 192.168.10.18
Using Plex right now at 192.168.10.19

1674764934450.png

uncheck "NAT"
Check "VNET"
Check "Berkeley Packet Filter" <- not sure if I needed it, but using it right now with my Plex.
IPv4 Interface "vnet0"
IPv4 Address "192.168.10.20"
IPV4 Netmask "24"
Click Add afterward

Toward the end of the install, keep getting the following error.

1674764819454.png

Any clue as to where to look ?

Cuctemko

Cadet
Same issue

Trace:
[2023/01/27 19:17:46] (ERROR) middlewared.job.run():367 - Job <bound method accepts.<locals>.wrap.<locals>.nf of <middlewared.plugins.jail_freebsd.PluginService object at 0x81b1642e0>> failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 331, in fetch_plugin
self.__fetch_plugin_install_packages__(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 732, in __fetch_plugin_install_packages__
iocage_lib.ioc_common.logit(
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 107, in logit
callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 80, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:
pkg error:
- elasticsearch6 :

Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh!

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 355, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 393, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1154, in run_in_thread
return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1151, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 979, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail_freebsd.py", line 296, in do_create
ioc.IOCage(callback=progress_callback, silent=False).fetch(**{
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1072, in fetch
plugin_obj.fetch_plugin(props, 0, accept)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 342, in fetch_plugin
iocage_lib.ioc_common.logit({
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 107, in logit
callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 80, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: srv-log had a failure
Exception: RuntimeError Message:
pkg error:
- elasticsearch6 :

Refusing to fetch artifact and run post_install.sh!
Partial plugin destroyed

Any info from devs?

Cuctemko

Cadet
I think i got it
So
If find this - https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/blob/master/graylog.json and try to install it monually to a new jail
And i find it -
pkg install -y elasticsearch6
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'elasticsearch6' have been found in the repositories
Im using last instance on jail - "13.1-RELEASE-p5"
We cant install graylog wihtout Elasticsearch
Need to fix it i think

Cuctemko

Cadet
What version of TrueNAS are you running?
Try to use this in new base jail with ur config.
But u need set "allow_raw_sockets" to 1(eg. check it in jail setting)

Come to console -
Code:
iocage console <jailname>

In console -
Code:
pkg update

Press "y"

Then -
Code:
pkg install -y p5-Digest-SHA pwgen mongodb44 elasticsearch7 graylog

After install is complete - read this - https://github.com/xTITUSMAXIMUSX/iocage-plugin-graylog/blob/master/post_install.sh
Or wget it and run

dwchan69

Contributor
So is I understand you correctly, this is a manual approach? Install a jail / VM, and install the bits into the jail/VM? If this is the case, it would have zero dependency related to the TrueNAS plugin?

dwchan69

Contributor
For the jail, what option do I pick during the creation? - Default (Clone Jail) vs Basejail?
Also, I assume I can not used NAT and used VNET with dedicated IP?

Cuctemko

Cadet
Yes, its munuall install to a jail
Yes, it have no dependency to plugins
U need a Basejail
U can use what u want(NAT/DHCP).

dwchan69

Contributor
OK, never did a jail from scratch, let me start with that first. Curious, would this jail need an OS to install like a VM? or just a jail/containers version of TrueNAS?

Whattteva

Wizard
OK, never did a jail from scratch, let me start with that first. Curious, would this jail need an OS to install like a VM? or just a jail/containers version of TrueNAS?
A jail is not a VM. It uses the same kernel as the host and hence, must run the same OS. You don't "install" an OS into a jail the way you do a VM. You do need a base template though.

dwchan69

Contributor
I assume the base template is the basejail setting? Do I need to copy anything else in?

dwchan69

Contributor
Let me switch and drop the version to 12.4 as 13.1 is not working, it will not allow me to save and continue

dwchan69

Contributor
Interesting, but make sense. 13.1 was an option, while TrueNAS itself is only 13.0, go figure! Any pros or cons between 12.4 vs 13.0?

Whattteva

Wizard
Interesting, but make sense. 13.1 was an option, while TrueNAS itself is only 13.0, go figure! Any pros or cons between 12.4 vs 13.0?
The big change between 12.4 and 13.0 is really the ZFS version that 13.0 uses. Shouldn't be that applicable for jails though.

dwchan69

Contributor
OK, got the jail build as a 13.0 release. During the pkg update, got a few notifications about a mismatched version, but still went through ok. I also copy and ran the postinstall.sh and got it up and running. However, did you end up installing v4.9 of Graylog?

Last edited:

Cuctemko

Cadet
OK, got the jail build as a 13.0 release. During the pkg update, got a few notifications about a mismatched version, but still went through ok. I also copy and ran the postinstall.sh and got it up and running. However, did you end up installing v4.9 of Graylog?
yup, it's already working 4 my infrastructure