Getting only the folders I want to show up using CIFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exidous

Cadet
I have the volume mounted, and datasheets created for three folders. Lets say folder TV, Movies and Important_Docs. How can I get it so ONLY those folders are showing up on my other computers?

I have created a User under the wheel group. Is there another group I need to use for the log in? I'm thinking nogroup. Should note the responsiveness is quite slow. 15-30 sec most times.

Untitled.jpg Untitled2.jpg

I have not started with the minidlna and I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. The Jails thing (as seen in WinS called "Media") just confuses me. (nvm found the jails thing, virtual isolated OS's within FreeBSD)

Thanks

Patrick

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
You should share only datasets. Do not share your pool. Sluggishness is usually caused by inadequate hardware. What are your system's hardware specs?

Exidous

Cadet
It's a I5 quad core on 8GB of 1600 ram with a Z87 MB and Intel CT 1000 NIC. The sluggishness seems to have gotten better. I factory reset so I must have screwed something up.

How do I eliminate all access to my /mnt/Media but allow access to the folders I want inside?

I got the dlna running. My PS3 and comp recognize it fine but no files show it. I try to do a rescan in shell and it get a read only error so it's obviously a permissions problem.

Exidous

Cadet
/mnt/Media/{Important_Docs|Movies|Music|TV}

That is what I have under CIFS.

I went too far somewhere haha. I restarted my comp and I still see the dlna without any files but I cannot get to the CIFS files. These permissions are kicking my butt.

My server monitor is full of failed permission attempts.

login.conf not owned by root and login_getclass: unknown class 'daemon'.

Thanks for the help btw. :smile:

I have not used linux/unix since about 2004 when I had a few counter strike servers running.

Status
Not open for further replies.