Getting CrashPlan to run on nas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mordysh

Cadet
Hi,

I have Freenas 8.2 installed in home environment in mixed linux/windows/android environment.

At first I rsync'ed from the freenas to a windows computer that run CrashPlan and back-up the realy important files (family images and video files) to a friend house (CrahsPlan enables it for free).

Then this friend suggested to try to run CrashPlan on the freenas (so one more computer can go to sleep at night) - he red that it can run on linux.

So - I started digging and found a manual that told me to load linux.ko and instal the linux compatabilty etc etc.

I looked for linux.ko. It's not on Freenas distributiuon. After digging someone suggested to get it from FreeBSD release. I got it to the freenas and tried to kldload it

I got an error:

kldload: can't load linux.ko: Exec format error

I looked at dmesg and saw

link_elf_obj: symbol ifnet undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

every time i tried to load this module.

I started to build the 8.2 version so I will be able to make also the linux module and load it.

After few hours I stopped the build and built only the linux module got it into the freenas server and tried to load it - same error again.

Am I missing something? Does it depends on other modules (this ifnet symbol not found)?

I also noticed that COMPAT_FREEBSD32 in FREENAS.amd64 is defined (not commented). Should it be that way?

Another thing - how do I get the 8.2 p1 version source? -

I got the tarball from http://freenas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/freenas/tags/8.2.0-RELEASE-p1/
opened it and do_build it.

I plan to test it on a VM and then move only the required files to the working server - so I don't want 8.3 beta version.

I will apreciate any help.

mordy.

yaneurabeya

Dabbler
Hi,

I got an error:

kldload: can't load linux.ko: Exec format error

Kudos -- you found a base distro bug (runtime symbols missing is bad...); file a bug in support.freenas.org and see whether or not things work with 8.3!

PS You need to add the following lines to FREENAS.i386 in order for support to be statically compiled into the kernel...

Code:
options      COMPAT_LINUX

... and FREENAS.amd64...

Code:
options      COMPAT_FREEBSD32
options      COMPAT_LINUX32

Status
Not open for further replies.