GEOM RAID1 GPT table is corrupt or invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgaras

Cadet
Hello ALL,

First of all I am new in Freenas(or freeBSD) and hope that posted to the right place.

This system was done by other person who left so I am here to fix it or get the data(which is extremely important) off it.

I really hope you will be able to advise me.

History:

There was a FreeNAS 7 (I presume as it was done log time ago) installed with GEOM Raid1 with two TG sata drives. OS was on usb stick. After the system could not boot I found that the usb stick is corrupted. So then decided to install fresh 8.3 ver on a new stick and do Auto Import to import the existing volume.

After I installed I was able to import the volume but can not see any files. It is showing the usage of the volume but no shares.

When booting I see error message:
GEOM: mirror/Raid1drive: the secondary GPTtable is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: mirror/Raid1drive: using the primary only -- recovery suggested.

I can not effort just trying something commands I find on the web not being familar wiht that as the data is vital for the customer.

Can somebody advise here how to repair the GPT table? Is there any hope at all to get the data off?

I really apreciate for any help.

Edgaras

cyberjock

Inactive Account
FreeNAS 7 is not supported in this forum. FreeNAS 8 is not related to FreeNAS 7 except by name. If you read the forum rules you'd see that FreeNAS 7 was rebranded as NAS4Free.

Edgaras

Cadet
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

But I am using FreeNAS 8 now, just want to import a volume from older version. I am afraid that guys from NAS4Free will send me back to here saying as I am using FreeNAS 8 which they do not support:)

I will give it a try...

JaimieV

Guru
Your best option right now is to make a NAS4Free (was FreeNAS 7) bootable stick, use that, and experiment from there - with the help of the NAS4Free forum.

Actually, since you emphasize the importance of the data, your absolute best option would be to do a byte-for-byte clone of the original disks onto new HDDs, then experiment on *them*.

Status
Not open for further replies.