FTP SSL won't start (error message included)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonny81

Contributor
Basically I have CIFS with ZFS. It just seems like a lot less of a hassle on Windows (maybe one day I'll revisit it).

Anyway, I want to start using FTP so I can get faster transfer speed on huge file transfers. I was having trouble with it not accepting my user name and password (I added myself to the group as well) so I gave up on that and allowed Annonymous Access. Basically, this is only for LAN transfers as my NAS is currently connected locally.

To have it not be too wide open I tried to start SSL but whenever I do Freenas tells me "the service could not be started." When I was able to connect via FTP prior to enabling SSL; now I can't get FTP to start.

Anyway, here is the error I'm getting:

Aug 26 00:52:52 NAS_Server notifier: proftpd not running?
Aug 26 00:52:52 NAS_Server notifier: Starting proftpd.
Aug 26 00:52:52 NAS_Server notifier: - Fatal: TLSRSACertificateFile: '/etc/ssl/freenas/nginx/nginx.crt' does not exist on line 60 of '/usr/local/etc/proftpd.conf'
Aug 26 00:52:52 NAS_Server root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd: WARNING: failed to start proftpd
Aug 26 00:52:52 NAS_Server notifier: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/proftpd: WARNING: failed to start proftpd

sonny81

Contributor
Thank you Warri!! I'll download v8.3 first then get this patch installed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.