FTP permission issues (stumped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOGIT

Cadet
First I have done searces here on the site and pulled up what appears to be a very similar issues here https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-working-permission-denied.58642/#post-414201 but no resolution was given.

Hardware
2 x 4-Core Xeon E5-2609 V2 2.5GHz
16GB RAM

Drives
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
8 TB SATA (7.2k)
128 GB SSD >>>>FreeNAS 9.3installed here.

I created a simple array using all the 8TB drives RaidZ (wil reconfigure after setup and permission issues resolved.)

Following the documentation from http://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas.html Section 11.6.2

I have created a Dataset ASAGTX under the primary /mnt/Disk1_Storage/ASA_GTX

I created a user ASAGTX and assigned /mnt/Disk1_Storage/ASA_GTX as the users home directory.
Home directory mode has all permissions read/write/execute under the users account.
I changed permissions on Dataset /mnt/Disk1_Storage/ASA_GTX making ASAGTX user owner with full permissions as set on the user.. read/write/execute as well as enabling "Set Permission Recursively"

I set the FTP root as /mnt/Disk1_Storage and enabled FTP Services.

Using Filezilla for testing purposed but this will be a scripted backup process once permission issues are resolved.
Login to FTP with ASAGTX user Login success.
Create a test directory (Success!)
cd to test directory permission denied.
Delete newly created test directory Success!

I've tried setting recursive permissions on the parent ASAGTX directory the user has access to as well and I receive the same access denied results. I know this is a permission issue somewhere in my setup and have reread the documentation about 15 times and still cannot get this to work. If I stay in filezilla and edit CHMOD permissions on the test subdirectory to 777 I just created I can then enter it. It appears while I have full permissions to chroot when a subdirectory is created those permissions are not carried.

Any insight into my error would be greatly appreciated.

FOGIT

Cadet
Well I found the resolution but it makes no sense. After rereading and rereading the documentation, Googling for hours etc.. I ticked "enable FXP support". That's it and I am now able to create, traverse, delete, modify any directory under the assigned root folder to the user dataset. This is extremely strange as I have never seen anything behave like that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.