FTP directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbraafhart

Dabbler
Hi everyone

I was trying to setup a ftp server on my freenas, so i can access my nas everywhere via the internet but for some reason i can't get this to work. my questions are:
  • Does it matter if you change the port for FTP
  • Do you have to configure SSH also if you would like to configure a ftp server
  • is there a How To guide that has a good description on how to configure an FTP server and advanced settings also?
  • I have a static IP from my ISP do i have to configure a DDNS for ftp to work or this is only applied for ISP's that give dynamic IPs
If someone would kindly answer my questions i would be very happy thank you in advance

cbraafhart

Dabbler
I'm trying to most simplest thing right now and that is trying to connect to my nas via SSH. i don't think me using 2 NIC's separately(meaning no Link Aggregation) would do any harm? I have the on board NIC connected to my ISP router and dedicated one for my internal network.

Yatti420

Wizard
Apart from security risk.. Youll need ensure the port your using is open and preferably use ssh keys.. or setup a vpn or something..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

cbraafhart

Dabbler
Apart from security risk.. Youll need ensure the port your using is open and preferably use ssh keys.. or setup a vpn or something..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

I'm not going to leave ssh open, i'm just trying to test a connection from outside my own network. but i'm ending up with no results and i don't understand why. I don't know what else i have to put the 4th external IP is my outer IP from my ISP router. if i'm doing it wrong than i really don't know how to configure ports no more LOL

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 208

cbraafhart

Dabbler
I've already figured out my problem, thank you in advanced for all yours help :-D my router has a strange way of configuring external IP. i have to use 4*0 on my external ip

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm trying to most simplest thing right now and that is trying to connect to my nas via SSH. i don't think me using 2 NIC's separately(meaning no Link Aggregation) would do any harm? I have the on board NIC connected to my ISP router and dedicated one for my internal network.

If they are both on the same subnet your networking won't work quite right...

Status
Not open for further replies.