Bever

Explorer
There is a built in ftp client, yes. It is called ftp:

[root@freenas ~]# ftp localhost
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
220 ProFTPD 1.3.3e Server (freenas.LAN FTP Server) [::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Name (localhost:root):

If you want to connect to your freenas server with FTP, you can use Filezilla: http://filezilla-project.org/

Will2k_nz

Cadet
Thats not what i ask!!

I am asking if there is an add on FTP Client or a FTP Plugin for freenas so i can connect to an ftp server out of my freenas server to download from an seed box to my freenas server though the web gui.
i know that i can do it with ssh.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thats not what i ask!!

I am asking if there is an add on FTP Client or a FTP Plugin for freenas so i can connect to an ftp server out of my freenas server to download from an seed box to my freenas server though the web gui.

I believe he did answer your question. there is an ftp client on freenas, but it's CLI only.

Bever

Explorer
Thats not what i ask!!

An attitude like that will surely encourage people to help you out.

peterh

Patron
Indeed asking fot "ftp client" will receive the answer "ftp", One will get what asked for.

Hi,

I am looking for some remote / web gui to control FreeNAS ftp client. I used a small machine that was up 24/7, I connected to remote desktop and started the downloads from FTP. I would like to use this functionality.
As of my understanding I (my girlfriend) cannot do that with the ftp cli.

Is there something that is similar to remote transmission browser plugins but for ftp client(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.