FTP and active directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugiwara

Dabbler
Hey all,

Been a FreeNAS user for a few years now, and its been pretty rock solid. My primary use case up until now has been SMB shares, with permissions managed by Active Directory. I recently have had a need to allow FTP, so I setup full stream encrypted FTP (FTPES) through FreeNAS, and users are able to connect. This is where I am stuck, however, as I have been unable to figure out how to allow access to any directories outside of that users home direcotry. I was unable to figure out how to grant FTP to domain users, so I added a local FreeNAS user and created a home dir. Is there anyway to allow local FreeNas users to see directories outside of their home dir, should I be adding FTP users via active directory, or is there another process that I need to follow. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Freenas Version: Build FreeNAS-11.1-

Mugiwara

Dabbler
After messing with the permissions for a while, I wound up just spinning up a new, standalone FTP server externally, and then mounting some of the directories I wanted. Its not ideal, with multiple running FTP services, but its workable for now. I just dont have the BSD or FTP familiarity unfortunately to have been able to figure out the right way to do it at this time, but may dig into it again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.