SOLVED FSCK me... Upgraded motherboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary Buddha

Contributor
Caveat: I'm noob at working with motherboards like this!

So I just upgraded my motherboard from an MSI X58M to a Supermicro MBD-X9SRH-7F-O.

Now I'm not able to reach it via network once completed booting. I keep getting the following splashing the crap out of the monitor before and after I login via console..

Code:
afpd No suitable network config for TCP socket
afpd main: No servers configured

So the first question is... how do I make AFP stop splashing the crap out the display so I can see what I'm doing.

The second question is... Is there some funny network config thing I need to do now that I switched motherboards? I know in the GNU Linux world the static network configs are tied to mac addresses. FreeNAS doing the same thing somewhere?

I've tried rebooting it a couple times hoping the OS would default the NIC1 to DHCP or something.

Don't know if it's related, but somehow the board itself has an IP that leads to some supermicro login to something. I'm assuming it's that IPMI thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binary Buddha

Contributor
NVM... I got it.

To stop the annoying splash of messages...
nas# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/netatalk stop

Once there pull up the console setup menu to reconfig the NICs.
nas# /etc/netcli

Take option 1 (Config NICs), but don't do the "reset" option to popup the NIC config process.

Apparently the name of the X58M NIC was re0 and the Supermicro uses igb0 and igb1. Which would explain why none of the networking stuff worked.

Do option 13 in the menu to reboot the box to test. I got success.

Status
Not open for further replies.