Friends can't get into my Plex server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdspieg

Contributor
Everything seems to be set up perfectly: the plex server runs, everything works beautifully within my LAN, but friends outside of my LAN don't seem to be able to access my server. I am signed into my account. The port on my router is forwarded as it should, and I see a green check next to the "Server is mapped to port xxx". I invited a few friends and they accepted my invite. I see them and they see me in the my 'friends' menu. One of them sees my folders and even gets to play trailers from my server. But when he tries to play a video on his ipad it says "error 401" and on his laptop it gives him a "Cannot load M3U8: crossdomain access denied". The other friend only sees me as a friend, but doesn't even see my folders.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be here? Or even just where I might find a log to diagnose the problem (I have the verbose logging activated, but don't know where to find the actual log).
Thanks for any help you can provide!
-Stephan

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you will have better luck on the plex forums. This is the freenas forums and plex isn't freenas.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What SweetAndLow said... your answers are almost certainly in the Plex forums and not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.