FriendlyELEC CM3588 NAS

Tony-1971

Contributor

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It most definitely will not, as @Tony-1971 said.

Constantin

Vampire Pig
you could build a Linux distribution up to offer ZFS? It wouldn’t be TrueNAS, a lot could go wrong badly, have some really good backups, I guess.

you could build a Linux distribution up to offer ZFS?
I think the obvious best idea would be to install a Linux distro. Then install VirtualBox using your distro's package manager. Then install TrueNAS inside a VirtualBox VM. That should hopefully get around the issue of the lack of support for ARM processors.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
you could build a Linux distribution up to offer ZFS? It wouldn’t be TrueNAS, a lot could go wrong badly, have some really good backups, I guess.

I believe FreeBSD on ARM also supports ZFS and is probably going to be a bit more stable.

Etorix

Wizard
From the link in the first post, the manufacturer proposes an OpenMediaVault image for this device. Here is your Linux-based NAS appliance OS.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I believe FreeBSD on ARM also supports ZFS and is probably going to be a bit more stable.
I can confirm that at least on an RPi compute module 3+ FreeBSD 14.0 runs orders of magnitude more stable than Raspberry Pi OS (Debian).