Not open for further replies.

Rikja

Cadet
Dear all,

I have the next scenario:

- A PC with XP Professional SP3, 2 GB
- A Server (Windows 2003 R2 SP2), 4 GB RAM
- A Freenas 8.0.3, 12 GB RAM

All equipment already connected to the network. PC and Server connected to Freenas8.0.3 by iSCSI initiatiors. Using different Targets to connect both computers (PC and Server). Every target pointing the same volume in the FreeNas (one target for the PC and the other target for the server connecting the same volume).

When I opend diskmgmt.msc console I see the Hard Disks (Basic disks) succesfully. I can format them using NTFS (file system of MS Windows) succesfully. I can browse data within the disks successfully, but... When I write data from the computer (PC with XP) I see the changes in the files and folders. But when I go to the server, I see that the files aren't there (or are old versions). It seems a problem of refresh of the window but not sure. That is causing a lot of problems because I'm making backups in the server (what I see is old information, not real information).

I will appreciate any help on that.:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I don't know what could be causing your problem, but have you tried using a newer version of FreeNAS? 8.0.3 is riddled with bugs that have been fixed in subsequent releases.

Rikja

Cadet
Hi thanks for the respons, Somebody told me that just possible connect to the same volume through a CLUSTER. In this case, I'm going to add HDDs to the FreeNAS in order to prepare different volumes for different equipment. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.