SOLVED FreeNAS upgrade 11.1 -> 11.2 - What about plugins

carrabta

Dabbler
HI all,
just updated the system from 11.1 to 11.2.
I would now like to also update idealy via plugin my Nextcloud, installed via plugin in 11.1 (so the 10.0.1 version), but can't figure out how if at all doable through the web interface.
So questions:
1/ If doable as described then how ? (couldn't find this in the doc nor the threads)
2/ If not, then do I have to SSH into the jail and update Nextcloud from command line ?
3/ Can I install the new plugin in another jail and then link or transfer the files from one jail to the other ?
4/ Or any suggestion on how to do this ?

MAny thanks in advance !
Tang'

carrabta

Dabbler
No I had not and yes it answers the question. I guess the exract below makes it explicit :
"While a migration script is available, no script can account for every possible software configuration. If you decide to try the script, bear in mind that you will want to thoroughly test the functionality of the migrated plugin/jail before deleting the original plugin/jail. The recommended method is to reinstall plugins/jails from scratch using the new UI, copy or recreate any plugins/jails configurations, test that the new plugins/jails work as expected, and delete the legacy plugins/jails when everything is working as expected."

Many thanks for link. I'll mark the thead as resolved.
Tang'