FreeNAS UI shows incorrect data about zpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oded

Explorer
I tried to delete a DataSet from the GUI but kept getting "Device Busy", even after reboot. So I had to go to the terminal and force a deletion using

Code:
zfs destroy -f tank/TimeMachine

Now the DataSet is deleted, and zfs looks good in the terminal:

Code:
[root@freenas] /mnt/tank# zfs list
NAME                  USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
tank                2.85T  11.4T  376K  /mnt/tank
tank/.system        2.19M  11.4T  336K  /mnt/tank/.system
tank/.system/cores    288K  11.4T  288K  /mnt/tank/.system/cores
tank/.system/samba4  719K  11.4T  719K  /mnt/tank/.system/samba4
tank/.system/syslog  895K  11.4T  895K  /mnt/tank/.system/syslog
tank/nas            2.51T  11.4T  1.43M  /mnt/tank/nas
tank/nas/Data        288K  11.4T  288K  /mnt/tank/nas/Data
tank/nas/Media      2.51T  11.4T  2.51T  /mnt/tank/nas/Media

However, the free/used space is all messed up in the Web console:

14361549466_f908bca2d2_o.png

Is there any way to resolve this? I'm worried to continue with this setup. I still have my backups from the old nas box but plan to delete them soon.

Thanks for the help.

Oded

Explorer
Ok I'll answer my own question :).

Turns out that when I copied something to the Data dataset, the issue has been resolved. Still, I think this is a bug...

diedrichg

Wizard
Before you force deleted the dataset, did you take AFP offline?

Oded

Explorer
I don't think so. However, there was no copy operations going on at the time.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You forced the delete of the dataset, hence the crazy numbers. The WebGUI gets very upset when you do things from the CLI.

This isn't a bug at all, this is you using FreeNAS outside of how it is designed, hence you got abnormal behavior.

The device is busy if any files in the dataset are being used. Forcing it just pulls the rug out from whatever process, user, or service is using that dataset and isn't the best choice of doing things. The best answer is to identify what is using that location and disable it temporarily.

Oded

Explorer
I agree, and that's why I rebooted the server. I figured it makes no sense that a user would still be connected to the share after a reboot. But I still got a device busy message after reboot, so I thought it was some other issue.

Aynway, seems to be ok for now. Hopefully I won't get any surprises :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I agree, and that's why I rebooted the server. I figured it makes no sense that a user would still be connected to the share after a reboot. But I still got a device busy message after reboot, so I thought it was some other issue.

Any of your boxes use Windows or OSX? Both of those will attempt to reconnect to lost shares for a while, so a reboot wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. The proper way to solve the problem is stop the service. That would definitely ensure nobody is using the server. And I bet your dataset would have deleted cleanly from the WebGUI if you had done that. ;)

Just a tip for next time.

Yun kreez

Cadet
Hi..

I have trouble with FreeNAS 9.2.1.2 error getting available space. Anyone can help me to solved it

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.