FreeNAS turns AFP off all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dniq

Explorer
I have just tried to set up AFP sharing, and it gets automagically turned off after about a minute or so. While it's not turned off - it's working fine, but then it disappears right in the middle of someone trying to write something onto the volume. The only error I see in the log is:

Dec 6 15:08:18 nas2-ny avahi-daemon[68110]: WARNING: No NSS support for mDNS detected, consider installing nss-mdns!

It seems there's a bug report since at least 2011, and in 2013 it's still not fixed... But I'm not even sure if this is why AFP gets turned off.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
AFP is for losers! Just kidding.

When you say turned off do you mean you go to the GUI and the little on/off switch is off?

nehmia

Cadet
I am having this same issue. Just stood up 9.1.1 and created an AFP share using the 9.1.1 doc. Noticed the AFP would turn off in the GUI. The console was showing "Will not 'start' netatalk because netatalk_enable is NO." before I rebooted.

I rebooted freenas and the issue has seemed to resolve itself.

dniq

Explorer
It actually looks like it gets turned off when I visit the "Services" -> "Control Services". If I don't open that page - it remains ON.

N1ck1355

Cadet
its the same bug in my Freenas 9.2 RC setup.
I turned afp service on, left the service tab, go back to it and afp service is going down :/
as i can see there's no log entry for that exept that in dmesg:

pid 3445 (afpd), uid 0: exited on signal 6
pid 8049 (afpd), uid 0: exited on signal 6

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Exiting on signal 6 is not the same as turning off the service.

Exiting on signal 6 error is the service having problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.