freenas reinstall after power outage

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwu

Dabbler
i haven't gotten a ups for my server yet and there was a power outage today. when i booted up my server, i got the grub error about an unknown filesystem. i reinstalled freenas on the boot drive with the upgrade option. the install went fine. my config file was found and my zpool was imported and all my jails and plugins were restored too. the server is up and running fine again.

is there anything i should do to check my data? the next scrub is scheduled for 9/1. the next long smart test will happen in 3 days. the next short smart test will happen next week.

kdragon75

Wizard
i haven't gotten a ups for my server yet and there was a power outage today. when i booted up my server, i got the grub error about an unknown filesystem. i reinstalled freenas on the boot drive with the upgrade option. the install went fine. my config file was found and my zpool was imported and all my jails and plugins were restored too. the server is up and running fine again.

is there anything i should do to check my data? the next scrub is scheduled for 9/1. the next long smart test will happen in 3 days. the next short smart test will happen next week.
In theory, your file system should be 100% consistent no matter what happens to your power. Your data on the other hand.. Could be affected. A scrub will not fix or detect this. Unless you were in the middle of modifying files, you should be fine. If you find a file that is not as you expect, you can restore it from a snapshot. You set up snapshots right?

alwu

Dabbler
i wasn't modifying any files at the time of the outage, so hopefully they're fine.

i do have snapshots setup. thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.