Freenas randomly not responding once with in 24 hours..Only way to get it running by hard reset or turning it off and on

DeSiMoN

Cadet
Hello everyone,
Running into a little issue with my freenas. Wondering if you guys could help?

My freenas keep losing internet connection atleast once a day. Map drive/web interface nothing works unless I restart. But while it lose connection, I dont get any error. What you guys think could be the problem ? After restarting it will run for few hours then same problem.
I could ping the ip no problem. ip address are static.

Specs
Freenas version 11.2-u2.1
Xeon E5 2697 V4
ASROCK X99 FORMULA 3.1
128GB NON ECC Memoery
8X10 WD RED 8TB
Intel optein 480gb L2arc
Samsung evo 970 1TB L2arc
Mellonex Connect X3 10GB dual
Intel X520-DA2 10GB dual
I tried either one of those cards, same issue
Even changed the fiber cable.

I have another freenas same type of concept and it seems to run fine with out any problem.

All my ip address are static and when I check my 10gb router (Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG Unifi Switch) seems like evething is fine there as.

Thank you all for taking ur time.

Apollo

Wizard
Suspect to be disk controller issue with Freenas 11.2 driver.
Could be your Docker/iocage jails being the issueunder some kind of loads.
Could be Freenas gateway that gets lost due to iocage/jail issue.
Next time it happens, see what show on the console. Even a kernel panic or complete freeze of the system should show on it. That should help with troubleshooting.

If you have keyboard and monitor connected at the time, and if it is not a freeze of the system, then you should have access to the console.
You can run stop all the jails and restart the network service for your LAN interface.

DeSiMoN

Cadet
I have no jail running. Only smart and smb share running. No error or any type issue shows on console. Only thing once it show first time I restart no IP show while is loading its say database error then I have to restart 2nd time for the ip to show agian and evething works fine

DeSiMoN

Cadet
I am going to change the boot USB also downgrade to 11.1 to see if its fix the issue. If not will run memtest86 so if it's got to do with anything with hardware. My other freenas specs

Xeon E5 2690 V3
Asrock x99 WSE 10gb
128gb ECC RAM
10x10 10TB ironwolf nas drive
Intel optein 480gb l2arc
1tb Samsung pro m.2 l2arc
I have no problem running that one. But I wonder what might causing other one to freez.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Intel optein 480gb L2arc
Samsung evo 970 1TB L2arc
Why two drives for L2ARC? One should be more than plenty.

What are you using these systems for?

DeSiMoN

Cadet
So insted of downgrading to 11.1 I upgraded to 11.2 U3. Created a new boot did a fresh install on a new USB drive. Put the USB in a different port then what I was using before. Reloaded my volume and uploaded my save config. System up and running last 22 hours with out any issue. Continue monitoring it now. Please I hope its fixes the issue. Finger crossed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190501-222816_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190501-222816_Chrome.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 386