FreeNAS not finishing boot after it was connected to LDAP when LDAP is unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

khartahk

Cadet
I've got the latest FreeNAS 9.3 installation on a:
motherboard: supermicro X7DVL-3
cpu: Intel Xeon E5335
ram: 16GB FB ECC
raidz-2

I've setup LDAP integration with FreeIPA server that was running in a VM in ja virtualbox Jail on the FreeNAS.
Now the FreeNAS doesn't end booting as it says LDAP server not available.

Why wont' the FreeNAS boot if the LDAP is not available? What if that infrastructure becomes unavailable and I still need to access the FreeNAS with a local account?

Please I need some help. If there is nothing that can be done I'll import the ZFS volumes onto a clean FreeNAS and copy the virtualbox files to a diferent server and start it there just to get back into freenas. But I'd still like to be able to boot up FreeNAS without LDAP access.

D

dlavigne

Does it not finish booting up to the console menu and obtaining an IP address? Are you running the latest STABLE of 9.3?

khartahk

Cadet
Does it not finish booting up to the console menu and obtaining an IP address? Are you running the latest STABLE of 9.3?
I'm running the latest stable 9.3. It gets up to ntpd service and then it tries to connect to LDAP and fails because the LDAP is not running yet since the jail isn't up yet. If I press CTRL+c the boot then proceeds but i don't think this is a good solution.

D

dlavigne

Might be worth creating a bug report to see if the boot order can be improved upon. If you create one at bugs.freenas.org, post the issue number here.

khartahk

Cadet
The bug report: #8052

Status
Not open for further replies.