FreeNAS Mini loading asrock login page

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyon001

Cadet
I purchased on of the Freenas Mini boxes shortly after they came out a couple of years ago and have had no issue with the box or hard drives but when I woke up this morning I noticed my Plex wasn't working. After checking all the IPs for apps, I realized that not even the main IP was mapped to the FreeNAS box anymore. I tried to reset the box, reset router, then did a full power cycle of both but it never boots and assigns the static IP. Lastly I checked my router and noticed a new dynamic IP was assigned, when I browsed to that IP it's for an ASROCK Rack page asking for a login. Just to verify, I pulled the ethernet cable on my box and the page became unresponsive so it's definitely coming from the FreeNAS. All of my lights look normal I think, blue on all hard drives like normal, the occasional blinks for network and no email alerts from the box about any issues leading up to this. I'm kind of lost at this point, not sure what's going on and I haven't really done much with FreeNAS since I purchased it over 2yrs ago so I'm not really sure where to start. I'm googling around but if anyone else could provide some suggestions, I would be very much appreciative. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

psyon001

Cadet
At the suggestion of FreeNAS support I opened the box and reseated all of the cables - although the box never moves, so it shouldn't have jostled loose. It seems to have worked but the rep said that it's likely the motherboard is going bad which is very concerning. Anyone else have a similar issue?

m0nkey_

MVP
The ASRockRack boards bridge the IPMI onto the primary NIC, so that the IPMI is available even though only one cable is connected. It's a cool idea, but in practice can be a bit of a pain because it blocks the ability to use LAGG and such.

In the IPMI, disable the network bond, disable eth0 and enable eth1 and assign it an IP address. You'll then need to use the dedicated LAN port for the IPMI in order to use it.

Redcoat

MVP
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.