FreeNAS linking to another NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danmc

Cadet
So I wasn't sure where to put this, network, storage, shares etc.
The original setup: 1 freenas server with a big zfs pool (Now full) and multiple PCs. 2 windows pc's with the ZFS as a mounted drive. 2 other media centre pcs running Kodi (ubuntu or kodibuntu).
Works great.
Now i may have messed up with my new purchase. Its a NS6700 standalone NAS and i put 6x 4tb nas hdds and used raid5 to create the logical drives. That new server is up and running i have mounted the logical drive on my windows pc.

The Problem:
I want to mount the new NAS in my older FreeNas server. i've seen some stuff on rsync and other backup but thats not what i need. I need to be able to direct a program in a jail on the FreeNas, this program checks for a file and renames it and saves a copy to a destination. At the moment that destination is within the same ZFS but if i can mount the new server into the jail i can then point the program to save the file to this destination and thus it will automatically send any new files to the new NAS.

I feel like this should be a simple one liner to mount it, the new server can share using cifs( how my windows connects now), nfs, weddav ftp.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
I can't give you a one-liner, but my guess is that NFS will be the most direct route.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You will probably want to do all of this inside the jail and not the host FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.