Freenas disappear from Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

shetu

Dabbler
My freenas vmware pc disappear from host work group view but can access from vmware workstation. But I can not access freenas from host pc.
My network seeting in Bridge mode.
All pc visible from Vmware guest pc
freenas1.jpg

But Host pc can not find freenas.
freenas1.jpg

Attachments

• freenas2.jpg
    freenas2.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 208

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I'm really not sure what is going on here.

What purpose is running it in VMware workstation?

Why so little ram dedicated to it?

Why XP?

What is it you are ultimately trying to accomplish?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I was going to comment about not running FreeNAS in a VM with only 512MB RAM, but Windows 95? Seriously?
I'll let you know there are valid reasons to run a Windows 95 VM. Some educational, some insightful, some even fun, but none of them productive. If I had a Windows 95 install diskette lying around, I'd immediately install it in a VM to play some old games - if I managed to get directX to work...

My freenas vmware pc disappear from host work group view but can access from vmware workstation. But I can not access freenas from host pc.
My network seeting in Bridge mode.
All pc visible from Vmware guest pc
View attachment 6372
But Host pc can not find freenas.
View attachment 6372
Here are a few pointers, to hammer in what pirateghost said:

char * pnt1 = &DontVirtualize
char * pnt2 = &FreeNASNeeds8GBofRAM
char * pnt3 = &JudgingByTheFactThatItIsRunningXPitCouldNotRunFreeNASonBareMetalMuchLessInAVM

shetu

Dabbler
it is for learning purpose. I will move on real hardware when i finish learn freenas.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can't learn anything about FreeNAS with less than one sixteenth of the minimum amount of RAM.

shetu

Dabbler
I see. But What is the network problem? I need that solution now. :(

cyberjock

Inactive Account

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I see. But What is the network problem? I need that solution now. :(

We're not really interested in trying to figure out why it doesn't work because there are so many ways it could be broken. For example, you're saying there's a "network problem" but it could actually be that there was a ton of memory pressure because the middleware requires lots of memory and maybe Samba got swapped out and isn't responding fast enough to seem like it is "there" anymore. You've done nothing to show that there's any sort of actual networking problem.

Unfortunately wanting to deploy FreeNAS for "learning purpose" does not grant you immunity from practical realities; you actually do still need to follow the system minimums. Both my virtualization guides emphasize that you should not under-resource a FreeNAS instance. https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ative-for-those-seeking-virtualization.26095/

shetu

Dabbler
It is working now. It was firewall problem. I disable Nod32 and I can browse it from host pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.