freenas caching/resolving initiator name incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBoricua

Cadet
I'm stumped at the moment. I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.5 and I have presented a volume via iSCSI for a CentOS 6 server.

I have a CentOS 6 server and its IQN in /etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi is defined as:

iqn.2014-08.com.redhat:mp1infvsi001

the global configuration for the freenas box defines the IQN of the freenas server as:

iqn.2014-03.com.advancedipservices.mp1infnas001

The problem I'm having is that when I try to discover the Freenas target on the CentOS box by issuing the command:

iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.30.50:3260

I get nothing. Just a message saying 'No portals are found'

So I tailed the log on the freenas box and I'm seeing the following message when I issue that command on the Centos box:

istgt[12045]: Login(discovery) from iqn.2014-03.com.advancedipservices.mp1infnas001 (192.168.30.201) on (192.168.30.50:3260,1), ISID=23d000000, TSIH=1, CID=0, HeaderDigest=off, DataDigest=off

See the problem?? The 'from' IQN the freenas box is reporting is not the one configured on the Centos box. It is the IQN of the freenas target.

Things I've tried on the freenas box:

1. restarting server
  2. removing all iSCSI target settings (esentially starting from scratch).
  3. changing the freenas target IQN.
  4. All of the above several times.
My frustration level is pretty high right now as I can't figure out why this is happening. Even after changing the FreeNAS target IQN I still get the same log entry.

On the Centos box I've restarted the iscsid daemon, rebooted the box several times, removed all entries from the discoverydb. There are no other config files I'm aware off and don't see how the Centos initiator could be sending the wrong IQN as I never entered the FreeNAS Target IQN on it.

Any help is appreciated.

JHBoricua

Cadet
*sight*

So it is he CentOS box. Just did a wireshark and it is indeed sending the wrong IQN. Now off to figure out why that is. Close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.