FreeNAS as a backup solution over FiberChannel

seedz

Dabbler
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a FreeNAS box to back up ESX VMs which are "hosted" on Fiber Channel SANs.
What is my setup currently :
- FreeNAS box, with a E5 2407, 32Gb Registered ECC RAM, 4x 10Tb WD Red Pro drives (not in a pool, will most certainly be in a dual mirrored setup), Kingston A400 240Go NVMe for the backup VM running UniTrends, QLogic Corp ISP 2532-based 8Gb Fibre Channel to PCI Express HBA, and a pair a USB 32Gb as mirrored boot disks
- FiberChannel link : pair of fibre with HP 8G SW FC SFP+ connected to a "mirrored" pair of HP StorageWorks 8/20q

What i'm working on :
- getting the FreeNAS box to access the LUNs set on 3 different SANs over FiberChannel connexion
I'm stuck there. What should I do ?
I've only found stuff to make FreeNAS into a target, to let others access its iSCSI LUNs over FiberChannel. I thought I should need to do the other way around, make FreeNAS as an initator. Would setting up a target LUN on FreeNAS work for my case ?

Is FreeNAS just the wrong solution for this ? I fell in love with ZFS for its portability (if the freenas box dies, i can import the disks elsewhere), and for now only used it with FreeNAS, both at home and at work (this is a project for work)
I need to add that i'm unable to buy ANYTHING else for this project, since i'm in a public french institution, so i can't go search ebay for stuff (and i won't buy things out of my own pocket :> )