Freenas Active Directory Windows 2008 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boss-123

Cadet
Hello,

In order to join my freenas to Active directory i flowed the bellow post

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...directory-folder-file-user-permissions.20610/

i can brows domain user from freenas but when i applied the change permissions in dataset , nothing was happen.

upload_2018-5-14_14-8-8.png

After change

upload_2018-5-14_14-9-2.png

can you help me please

boss-123

Cadet
I would like to thank you first for your quick reply, so regarding your question i kept root as user and i changed group to SAGE\domains users but unfortunately the something happen.

JohnL7

Dabbler
I wanted to ask two questions that may be silly up front but just wanted to be sure.

1) have you already setup directory services and confirmed that you are actively joined to the domain?
2) did you manually enter the "SAGE\domain users" or did you start typing and let it search for the entry and populate?

Logic behind the questions. First, if your not joined to the domain then your domain name entries won't matter because it has no Winbind reference to use those domain users/groups to set the initial permissions. Second, if you manually entered the user/group and it didnt pre-populate then its not joined to the domain and again the Winbind isnt going to allow for the permissions to apply properly. When i fixed my permissions, i dont recall it putting the domain before the user or group, it just showed up as an additional entry in the intellitype.

Status
Not open for further replies.