Freenas 9.2 jail migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel7926

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I really need some help, I think I am in over my head, I had setup and been using Freenas 8.3 for about year and a half now and everything worked awesome, I had Sabnzbd and Sickbeard setup and the automation was awesome! This morning I read that Plex had been added to the plugins and got excited and decided to update to Freenas 9.2, Everything went great with the upgrade but I can't figure out how to migrate the Jail to 9x. Please help, when I go to shell and type in the script command I get no such file or directory? I am not very good with unix commands but can follow directions, I must be doing something wrong can somebody help me out.

Thanks, Ryan

Diesel7926

Cadet
I have tried everything I can think of, here is what I get when I open a shell command and try to migrate my jail:
[root@freenas ~]# /root/migrate_pluginjail.sh -D
bash: /root/migrate_pluginjail.sh: No such file or directory
bash: /root/migrate_pluginjail.sh: No such file or directo

D

dlavigne

That migration script never worked well and was removed in 9.2.0. When it comes to jails, because of the ABI differences between 8.x and 9.x, it is best to reinstall the apps after upgrading FreeNAS. Since all of the apps you mentioned are available as Plugins, you should just be able to install these apps as needed. You will however, have to recreate any mount points and configs.

Plugins changed significantly between 8.x and 9.x so it is recommended to skim through both of those chapters in the Guide for the 9.x version of FreeNAS you are running. This will give you a basic idea of the differences between Plugins and Jails and whether or not you can do everything you need using Plugins or if you will also need to create some of your own jails.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I thought I had convinced you in IRC Diesel... :(

Diesel7926

Cadet
I thought I had convinced you in IRC Diesel... :(

You did, I posted this before I went to IRC. So I am now starting fresh. I moved all of my TV Shows over to another NAS storage drive that I have and completely wiped the 2 volumes I have setup in my Freenas box. I destroyed all datasets and started fresh. reinstalled the plugins through the GUI( for some reason I cant choose which volume they install on?) and it creates 2 seperate jails. both plugins work great. I just want to to make sure I setup the mount points correctly. I want sickbeard to find the show and hand off to SABNZBD download and then be post processed by Sickbeard. The Jails I have installed on my volume called Freenas29not by choice. I would like to store the TV Shows on Volume Freenas1. Is this possible?

cyberjock, I dont want to screw up the mount points so how should I go about doing this so that it hands off correctly. I know how to create using the add storage in the GUI but how many do I need to create? I need to get this fixed before my wife kills me!

jakal

Cadet
Hi,

i have a similar problem - went from 8.3 to 9.2. In 8.3 i used transmission and minidlna plugins in a jail.
After upgrade, the jail is gone and the (old) plugins are listed in the "Plugins" section as stopped with options to update or delete. Both - updating and deleting the old plugins don't work cause they have no jail assigned.

Setting up a new jail and installing new PBIs works like a charme. But the old plugins don't disappear and are listed together with the new ones.

How can i get rid of the old plugins?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You did, I posted this before I went to IRC. So I am now starting fresh. I moved all of my TV Shows over to another NAS storage drive that I have and completely wiped the 2 volumes I have setup in my Freenas box. I destroyed all datasets and started fresh. reinstalled the plugins through the GUI( for some reason I cant choose which volume they install on?) and it creates 2 seperate jails. both plugins work great. I just want to to make sure I setup the mount points correctly. I want sickbeard to find the show and hand off to SABNZBD download and then be post processed by Sickbeard. The Jails I have installed on my volume called Freenas29not by choice. I would like to store the TV Shows on Volume Freenas1. Is this possible?

cyberjock, I dont want to screw up the mount points so how should I go about doing this so that it hands off correctly. I know how to create using the add storage in the GUI but how many do I need to create? I need to get this fixed before my wife kills me!

You'll have to come up with a system to get them all pointing to the right places.

Hi,

i have a similar problem - went from 8.3 to 9.2. In 8.3 i used transmission and minidlna plugins in a jail.
After upgrade, the jail is gone and the (old) plugins are listed in the "Plugins" section as stopped with options to update or delete. Both - updating and deleting the old plugins don't work cause they have no jail assigned.

Setting up a new jail and installing new PBIs works like a charme. But the old plugins don't disappear and are listed together with the new ones.

How can i get rid of the old plugins?

Not sure. You should drop in IRC and ask one of the iX guys. I haven't looked in the manual about the old jails, but I'd guess there's a way to delete those and its discussed in the manual.

jakal

Cadet
I haven't looked in the manual about the old jails, but I'd guess there's a way to delete those and its discussed in the manual.

I've only found the "/root/migrate_pluginjail.sh" method, which is obsolete in 9.2.

jakal

Cadet
Thanks to divine and cyberjock in IRC i found a way to get rid of the old plugin entries:

In my case i had to remove them manually from the database:
Code:
sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db
sqlite> select * from plugins_plugins;
1.0.24_1|1|-|amd64|1|1|12346|minidlna|minidlna-1.0.24_1-amd64|/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64||1
2.77|1|-|amd64|2|1|12347|transmission|transmission-2.77-amd64|/usr/pbi/transmission-amd64||2
[..]
sqlite> delete from plugins_plugins where plugin_name in ('minidlna', 'transmission' );
sqlite> .exit

After that they disappear in the web UI plugins list immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.