FreeNAS-9.2.1.1-RELEASE-x64: can't save root SSH Public key

Status
Not open for further replies.

panz

Guru
I'm installing Freenas on the hardware in my signature. All goes pretty well (configuring LAN, NTP servers, creating users & groups, etc.).

When I try to setup the SSH Public key for the root user (copying and pasting it from PuttyGen, as usual and as I've done ton of times...) when I hit the «save» button the GUI hangs and nothing happens for minutes. Then I have to reset the server, but after the reboot the USB media is corrupted :(

cyberjock

Inactive Account
All I can say is "it works for me". Are you sure it's not actually doing something and the server is locked up? Are you sure it's not a bad USB stick?

Some commands like removing tunables/sysctls seem to sometimes take 5 minutes plus. No clue why, and the bug ticket on the topic was unrevealing.

panz

Guru
Finally I've built my server (see my signature; many many thanks to you, Dusan, jgreco and others who helped me a lot :) ) so I'm testing it.

Doing things in a hurry is never a good thing, so I didn't checked if v. 9.2.1.1 was buggy... it is! :confused:

Installing 9.2 now, which is working flawlessly :cool:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Your build is almost identical to mine. In all the ways that matter, we are identical. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.