SOLVED FreeNAS 9.10: Cannot access main pool after reinstall OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Lovelady

Dabbler
I had a power outage, and upon restoration receied a GRUB Checksum error. I reinstalled 9.10 on a new memory stick, and restored my configuration from a backup.

Now the system is responsive, and my SSD pool is working great. But I cannot access my "Main-HDD" pool (6 X 6TB drives). The GUI shows "Error getting available space" error.

At the command line, I was able to: zpool import -f Main-HDDs. (Without the -f, it objected to the fact that the pool was previously accessed by this same system.) But even after reboot that has not solved the problem, I still see the "Error getting available space" message.

I have scanned dmesg, and not found anything alarming there. I must admit that a lot of this FreeNAS - especially in the area of storage - is a little vague to me, and I have muddled through to get where I am. But now I fear something may be lost... and there is a lot here to lose (mostly my video collection, which could mean countless hours of rework). The disks seem OK (from my limited ability to investigate), and the configuration was Raid-Z2, so I'm hopeful.

What would be my next course of action to determine status and/or move forward?

EDIT: I have attached the image of the volume status, and output from zpool status -v

Attachments

• volume-status.png
    volume-status.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 184
  • zpool-status.txt
    2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
D

dlavigne

But I cannot access my "Main-HDD" pool (6 X 6TB drives).

How can you not access it? eg are your shares not working?

The pool is online. Of course, the GUI does not know about that as you imported it using the CLI instead of the GUI...

Dennis Lovelady

Dabbler
Thanks, dlavigne.

As can be seen, and as you mention, the GUI doesn't know about it. The Jails seem not to be working, and neither are the shares.

What must I do to correct that? I did reboot, to hopefully clear any anomalies with my approach, but it seemed to make no difference.

Dennis Lovelady

Dabbler
Problem is now resolved.

I exported Main-HDDs from the Command Line...

Then I was able to import from GUI. Scary, but I survived, and no data loss!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.