FreeNAS 9.1 + PSM 0.9.8.6.175 + DD 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmet14

Cadet
Hey guys,

I'm streaming a MKV movie (Mpeg2) (with single audio track of DD 3/2+1 ) from PSM to my PS3, audio connected (optical) to my home theater receiver.

Question, can anyone briefly explain why the audio arrives at my receiver as PCM streaming from the PSM plugin, while the the audio from the same movie streamed from my PC using Playstation Media Server arrives as 5.1?

Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's a question best asked in the Plex forums. You might get an answer here. But we just provide the plugin, the actual software is from the Plex guys...

I am able to play DD5.1 fine. FreeNAS->PMS->Roku. I suspect it may be related to your streaming settings. If they are not set high enough it will transcode the stream which may include audio. Asking the Plex team would definitely be the right direction to go in to solve the problem though. Hope that helps.

helmet14

Cadet
Thanks. I created a thread over at the Plex forums.

J.Greg. I have searched high and low for any configuration options with PLEX or the NAS plug-in. However I have not been able to find much (anything). Are you referring to any particular 'settings'?

I had thought that the Transcoder rate limit settings were in the Plex Media Server but it appears they are actually set by the client. There is a special checkbox on the server for sending Dolby Digital to AppleTV's under the Transcoder when Advanced Settings are shown. Not entirely sure why that would be necessary. You could try that. Plex Forums will likely be more helpful.

helmet14

Cadet
J. Greg: What version of FreeNAS are you running? I cannot find anywhere to set any parameters for PMS. The only thing I see that I can edit, related to PLEX, through the GUI, are its jail settings.

FreeNAS 9.1.1 The plex configurations are setup through it's own web interface outside of FreeNAS. You can access it using the click "HERE" link under the Plugins->Plex Media Server

Status
Not open for further replies.