Freenas 8.3.0 x86 Logic Volume size reduced after delete via ssh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbarbaro

Cadet
Hi,
I have installed Freenas 8.3.0 on an old server which originally had a Windows NAS.
The server has 12 disks, that have been divided in 2 couples of 6 disks in RAID 5+spare in order to create 2 logical Volumes of 1.3 TiB each.
After creation and use of rsync tasks, It happened that I have filled up all the free space in the second of the two logical volumes, named simply "Volume 2".
So, I decided to move some folders from Volume 2 to Volume 1 in order to free up some space, using copy and rm linux commands (and also mv).
The all process seemed to perform well, but at the end, when I gave a look to the free size after deletion using "df -pk" command, I noticed that the size of Volume 2 had decreased!
Also when I looked at it from the freenas GUI I saw that it has 762.2 GiB and not 1.3 TiB as Volume 1!
I've tried many things, such detach and reimport Volume 2, but the things didn't change.
The only thing I was able to, in order to see again the right size for Volume 2, was to destroy Volume 2 and recreate it as if it's a new volume.
Even if I initially thought this could be frustrating, this solution worked for about a month so I decided to not investigate further.
But this happened to me until a few days ago.
Yesterday I felt again in a situation in which Volume 2 was about full, so I deleted some folders and the problem.. arose again!

What do you think about it?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Marco Barbaro

Status
Not open for further replies.