Freenas 8.2 down ... and don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

badaboum

Cadet
Bonjour à tous,

Hey guys, a big hello from Paris France. I have been using Freenas for the last 2 years and it's a great sofware, you are doing great job here.

I have a dedicated hardware computer (Zotac dual CPU with 2*2TB hard drive in Mirroring Raid) booting from a USB stick (ad0)

Everything was fine till yesterday morning...

My server wasn't responding to SSH & FTP access. I rebooted it twice and then saw that on the screen :

I am a little bit lost... what happened? How can I recover?

How come I have lost the database file?

My biggest concern is to be able to recover my data.

Merci à tous from France !!

Stephens

Patron
What version of FreeNAS are you using?

Two things jump out right away...

1) Bad CMOS battery.
2) Your flash drive has gone bad.

badaboum

Cadet
Hey

Thanks for your reply.

I remember I was under 8.2.3 but not sure, as the server is down I cannot anymore connect to the web interface to check.

Is there any other solution in command line?

I beleive it's a flash drive issue...

Is there any solution to recover the database file?? I would like to avoid having to set up each account from scratch..

Anyway, pleasure to see you replying so fast

THanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
There was no FreeNAS 8.2.3. There was 8.2 and 8.3(8.3 is the latest as of 2 months ago or so).

As for your database file you could tryinstalling FreeNAS on a new USB, boot it up and then plug in the old drive and try to mount it. No idea if any commands will be needed to access the data. You didn't keep a backup of the config file?

joeschmuck

Old Man
As Stephens said, check your CMOS battery, or at least set the time and date in the BIOS before trying to boot it again (don't cycle power). Your time in the photo states Sep 28, not Nov 26. Plus who knows what the year is.

As for recovering the database, you could try to boot the flash drive on a different computer and if it works, even though you don't have the drives configured, you could save off your config file. This other computer could even be a Virtual Machine.

badaboum

Cadet
Hello

I have changed the date in my BIos back to today...Still having the issue with the drive

I am ready to do a clean install of Freenas again on a new USB disk

Quick question as I would like to save my data :

How can I mount my ZFS pool in command line?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
All you really need to do is reinstall FreeNAS on a new USB stick, then go into the FreeNAS GUI and choose "import disks". It will find and remount your pool automatically. This is what makes FreeNAS so great because the OS can go to sh*t and all you have to do is whip out another USB stick with FreeNAS installed.

If you have a copy of your config file you should be able to load your config file and wait for FreeNAS to reboot. It should restore all of your old settings including your zpool automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.