FreeNas 8.2.0 BETA3 Active Directory and Windows 2008 R2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschafroth

Dabbler
I gave up on the Open Directory and LDAP. It was apparent that Workgroup Manager was never going to do what I want so I switched to a Active Directory plan for my Macbooks.

I need help getting Freenas to connect to Active Directory. The guides show to use the wbinfo commands to test. when I run wbinfo from the shell I get "command not found".
The only place I can find that looks for users is setting permissions to a volume. When I do that I can see the DOMAIN\usersnames show up so I can assume AD is working?? Not sure why wbinfo doesnt.

I need to setup a share that has different permissions for different sub folders.

The main share would be called Staff. Under there would be all the staff members mobile profiles and Time Machine backups. I only want each member to be able to see their folder. The other folders should not be visible to anyone but their own folder.

The same will be for students. The main share would be Students, the a subfolder of 2013, 2014, 2015 and so on. Each folder is a class graduation year. I need to have all the student accounts under those folders with permissions to JUST their folder.

So I guess step one, how do I get AFP to allow connections from certain AD accounts? cant get it to do anything. The username and password should be username and password not domain\username and password.

Then how do I set the permissions on all the folders?

Lannie

J

James

The default login shell requires you to input the full path to the command (/usr/local/bin/wbinfo). If you type tcsh to enter the extended C shell, you won't have to type the full path. I'll add the path to the documentation.

lschafroth

Dabbler
Thanks. Never thought of that. I will try that. Now I have to figure out how to build the folder structure and permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.