FreeNAS 11 Virtual Machine Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_User

Cadet
I've been following the instructions of how to create a VM that runs Windows from a YouTube video; however, I keep getting an error when I use VNC Viewer. I cannot figure out what I did wrong and I would appreciate any help that this forum can provide.

This is the error that occurs: https://postimg.cc/image/481f633pv/

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of Windows are you installing? Which build version of FreeNAS are you using?

PC_User

Cadet
No the problem has not been resolved even though I've searched the internet several times to find a solution. I'm trying to install Windows 10 on the recent version of FreeNAS. I just updated it to version 11. I've have watched several YouTube videos to look for a solution, but I haven't found anything useful. I have been able to install an Android VM with some success, but not Windows or Ubunto. I'm new to using FreeNAS and I am an amatuer at computers and programming. Your help will be appreciated. The local temperature in Los Angeles is unusually high this weekend (102* F), so my computers are currently in a sensitive condition.

PC_User

Cadet
Thanks for your reply.
There's a lot to read with all the confusion on that page. I don't see any solution. I suspect that version 11 was released before it was fully tested and maybe I should be using an earlier version like version 10 maybe?

D

dlavigne

Thanks for your reply.
There's a lot to read with all the confusion on that page. I don't see any solution. I suspect that version 11 was released before it was fully tested and maybe I should be using an earlier version like version 10 maybe?

No, 11.1 is the stable version and 11.2 will continue to provide enhancements to the VM feature. You still have not indicated which build version you are using (11.1-U5 is the latest until 11.2-BETA1 is released later today).

Status
Not open for further replies.