FreeNAS 11.2-U2.1 has been released with the hotfixes for the iocage and SMB issues

diedrichg

Wizard

CatPasswd

Cadet
Good news: This has fixed a problem I had with being unable to run a minecraft server in a jail, which I posted about in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/aky2ba/fresh_1132_world_crashes_due_to_watchdog_running/

Bad news: The "Save" button appears grayed out when trying to edit settings on a new jail. While testing the above, I could not enable procfs via the GUI, because the save button was unavailable.

I had to use Chrome's inspect feature to change the element myself so I could click it.

<button _ngcontent-c20="" class="btn btn-block btn-warning mat-button mat-primary" color="primary" mat-button="" type="submit" disabled=""><span class="mat-button-wrapper">Save</span><div class="mat-button-ripple mat-ripple" matripple=""></div><div class="mat-button-focus-overlay"></div></button>

Changed the "disabled" to "enabled" and was able to save the config.

The page doesn't seem to be properly detecting when something is changed, to update the save button.

wxlsxn

Dabbler
Good news: This has fixed a problem I had with being unable to run a minecraft server in a jail, which I posted about in reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/aky2ba/fresh_1132_world_crashes_due_to_watchdog_running/

Bad news: The "Save" button appears grayed out when trying to edit settings on a new jail. While testing the above, I could not enable procfs via the GUI, because the save button was unavailable.

I had to use Chrome's inspect feature to change the element myself so I could click it.

<button _ngcontent-c20="" class="btn btn-block btn-warning mat-button mat-primary" color="primary" mat-button="" type="submit" disabled=""><span class="mat-button-wrapper">Save</span><div class="mat-button-ripple mat-ripple" matripple=""></div><div class="mat-button-focus-overlay"></div></button>

Changed the "disabled" to "enabled" and was able to save the config.

The page doesn't seem to be properly detecting when something is changed, to update the save button.
Unfortunately this has been my solution as well. Although I just delete the "disabled" portion and it allows me to click Save. The functionality seems very broken with regards to enabling the Save button.

diedrichg

Wizard
As an aside, my additional RAM arrived so my X10 motherboard is now maxed out at 32GB. I upgraded to 11.2-U2.1 from the 11.1 train and I'm loving the new interface. All is stable with my system and it's humming right along. Couldn't be happier!

SmallGuy

Guru
As I was impacted in 11.2-U2 by the "SMB sharing edge cases " mentionned here, is the "ixnas VFS Object" workaround always necessary after the 11.2-U2.1 update, or can I remove it from Sharing ‣ Windows (SMB) Shares after the upgrade ?
Thanks

Last edited:

SmallGuy

Guru
As I was impacted in 11.2-U2 by the "SMB sharing edge cases " mentionned here, is the "ixnas VFS Object" workaround always necessary after the 11.2-U2.1 update, or can I remove it from Sharing ‣ Windows (SMB) Shares after the upgrade ?
Thanks
Seems to work as expected without the ixnas VFS Object. :)

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
If you implemented ixnas as a workaround to the zfsacl issue in U2 for users with permissions like this owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:-------:allow , you should switch back to zfsacl prior to or after upgrading (otherwise you will encounter the same issues as with ixnas).