FreeNAS 11.2 no available plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtino

Cadet
Hi all!

I'm new to FreeNAS, and I installed 11.2 the other day, have set a pool, and when going to "Available plugins" section, I get error
"RuntimeError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/dellnas/iocage/.plugin_index/*****.json'"

Haven't changed the system settings much, and it is worth mentioning that I installed FreeNAS 11.2 again on another usb drive, and after importing the zfs pool I had, I got the same error. I have network, and can ping any site without issues.

Could this be some problem with the plugins repo (I noticed forums.freenas.org was down for the last day or so), or this could be a problem with the permissions in the zfs poll? Though I haven't changed any. The only thing I did was to mount some external nfs usb drives, and rsync some data.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is the whole error message. I searched everywhere about it, but could not find the same error.

Code:
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 646, in fetch_plugin_index
    self.__clone_repo(git_server, git_working_dir)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1222, in __clone_repo
    porcelain.pull(destination, repo_url, errstream=devnull)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/porcelain.py", line 826, in pull
    r.reset_index(tree=tree)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/repo.py", line 950, in reset_index
    validate_path_element=validate_path_element)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/index.py", line 530, in build_index_from_tree
    obj, entry.mode, full_path, honor_filemode=honor_filemode)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/index.py", line 460, in build_file_from_blob
    os.chmod(target_path, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/dellnas/iocage/.plugin_index/madsonic.json'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 461, in list_resource
    header=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 911, in fetch
    icon=True, official=official)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 653, in fetch_plugin_index
    _callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/dellnas/iocage/.plugin_index/madsonic.json'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1109, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1046, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/dellnas/iocage/.plugin_index/madsonic.json'

madsonic.json changes with another json name on every reload.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Could this be some problem with the plugins repo (I noticed forums.freenas.org was down for the last day or so), or this could be a problem with the permissions in the zfs poll? Though I haven't changed any. The only thing I did was to mount some external nfs usb drives, and rsync some data.
That should be back up by now, like the forum. In any case, file a bug report, since you shouldn't get a traceback.

qtino

Cadet
It turned out to be some kind of permissions problem, though not sure. I didn't mention that I tried to set samba sharing before this problem happened, and shared the whole iocage folder. This resulted in changed permissions in all subfolders of iocage.

I tested by adding another pool on a usb drive, and set that as a plugins pool. The available plugins appeared, and everything was working fine. Then I changed the plugins pool back to the main pool, and it worked again. The permissions in the iocage folder of the main pool didn't change though... at least so it seems. I guess setting the plugins pool again fixed whatever problem there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.