FreeNAS 11.2 Beta 2 - Unable to connect to Docker VM using cu -l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark WatIng

Explorer
Hi,

Anyone else having issues connecting to the Docker VM (or any other VM for that matter) using the cu -l <device> command?

Im trying to create a Docker VM - but although I've created the VM, RancherOS has downloaded, I'm unable to log in via the cu command.

I get....

Connected

Then nothing, just hangs.

I have raised a bug https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/42335

Thanks,
Mark.

Tsaukpaetra

Patron
I believe the docker implementation is still somewhat incomplete according to this thread. I just tried it myself as an experiment (I'm on the nightlies, so the terminal actually connected), but from there I got stuck as (apparently) you're supposed to provide a default password (somewhere) and I didn't know it.

upload_2018-8-21_12-25-11.png

Good attempt, I guess?

KrisBee

Wizard
I believe the docker implementation is still somewhat incomplete according to this thread. I just tried it myself as an experiment (I'm on the nightlies, so the terminal actually connected), but from there I got stuck as (apparently) you're supposed to provide a default password (somewhere) and I didn't know it.

View attachment 25280

Good attempt, I guess?

Just ssh into your "Docker VM" in that case. The rancher based VM implementation is complete but usability is another question.

Hi,

Anyone else having issues connecting to the Docker VM (or any other VM for that matter) using the cu -l <device> command?

Im trying to create a Docker VM - but although I've created the VM, RancherOS has downloaded, I'm unable to log in via the cu command.

I get....

Connected

Then nothing, just hangs.

I have raised a bug https://redmine.ixsystems.com/issues/42335

Thanks,
Mark.

FN11.2 proivdes a "serial" connection option for VM's which opens a shell window as shown by Tsaukpaetra

Mark WatIng

Explorer
Just ssh into your "Docker VM" in that case. The rancher based VM implementation is complete but usability is another question.

FN11.2 proivdes a "serial" connection option for VM's which opens a shell window as shown by Tsaukpaetra

Hi, it did eventually connect but took over a min to do so. Hit problems with docker networking inside a VM on FreeNAS (probably more with my own networking ability) so decided to create iocage's for the services I need instead (for now anywhere!).

Thx
M

Mark WatIng

Explorer

View attachment 25280

Good attempt, I guess?
password is docker

Status
Not open for further replies.