Forgot Network Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamBamm

Patron
I built a new PC and went to access the Network and it asks for my username and wants my password.
I forgot what I used for a password, is there a default I can try or a way to easily reset this password?

network_password.png

Last edited:

Redcoat

MVP
See Item 7 on the console menu. Boot up system with a monitor and keyboard or use IPMI.

BamBamm

Patron
That only changes the password to log into FreeNAS from a browser.
I need to login to see my files via the network.

Redcoat

MVP
Ah, Control Panel, User Accounts, Manage Credentials, Windows Credentials.

BamBamm

Patron
But that doesn't show the password or allow me to change it on FreeNAS.

Redcoat

MVP
So why not go in with a browser to the GUI and change the user's password on the share (as I assume that's the issue you are having as it's not yet clear for me)?

toadman

Guru
Depends on how you set up your shares from FreeNAS. Sounds like you did not allow guest access.

You can set a password for a user in FreeNAS by going to Account > Users > [specific user]. (Or "Add User" if needed.) You would then give those credentials in windows when attempting to access the share. (Assuming the share and file permissions on FreeNAS were all set up correctly.)

Last edited by a moderator:

BamBamm

Patron
So why not go in with a browser to the GUI and change the user's password on the share (as I assume that's the issue you are having as it's not yet clear for me)?

It doesn't allow for a password change.

Redcoat

MVP
So you may have to recreate the share for the user following the method of @toadman's second paragraph above.

You may also find this resource useful if you have to work on the Windoze permissions.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

Redcoat

MVP
Thanks @Ericloewe, apologies for poor references above.

Status
Not open for further replies.