Folder need root user permissions to write and move

Novac

Cadet
Hello,
i'm looking for help for a serious issue. I all ready have theory on "why" it's happening but i can't find how to fix it. Let me explain with facts and points :

- I just upgraded my Freenas 11.3 to Truenas core 12.0

- I have 3 pools : 1x 250Go (1disk) where my system is hosted, 1x300Go (1disk) where my plugins and VM are stored, 1x11To (4 disks) where all my datas are stored.

- The problem is, my data are stored in my pools, i can access it with SMB with windows explorer with a user called ADMIN (that i created). I understand i can't access folder with the user that i usualy used before, the root user. I know it's normal, but here is my problem : I can't write or move folder because i don't have the root permissions and these folders need "root" permissions to be moved or written on. So with my created user admin i can read it but i can't write.

- I tried creating a dataset with acl permissions and all the things, following a guide. So it create a folder in the pool i indicated (Let's say the path is this : truenasserveur/pool11To/newfolder) and yes it work, i have full control of the newfolder but it's only in this folder, i still can't access other folders that are in the pool.

- The Plex plugins is working just fine and have no issue with reading files. I believe it can't write but it's not very important and it was all ready like this before, so doesn't matter.

- My pools are "upgraded" in trunas, so i tried changing back the boot environnement into freenas 11.3, so i could access folders with root user using SMB, but pool are unknown by the system, due to the upgrade i presume. Seeing it, i turned back to truenas, not the solution obviously.

- One solution could be to access folder with the root user, with a different protocol (NOT SMB) that support the root user, just to move those folder into a new created dataset where i have full control with the admin user. But i don't even know how to do it and if it's possible.

- Another solution would be to change the permissions needed for these folder, so by definition the permissions of the pool. I don't know either if it's possible and if it is a viable solution.

I believe this is a permissions problem but i can't find a way to fix it. If you have any solutions i'll be glad to hear it and i can give you screenshots of whatever you need.

Thanks everybody !

ps : forgive my english, it's not my native language.