Flashing M1015 - alternative mobo to use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpsguy

While I don't live in Ontario, I'm trying to help Wyl with his M1015 on eBay issue. I have a lot of friends (some in IT) who might live near him.

As I recall, some of you have used consumer systems to flash the BIOS. Any suggestions as to what consumer mobos and/or systems might work. I tried to search, but can't find what I'm looking for.
If I put out a request for help, I need some guidance on what to ask.

Do you think, I might be able to flash it in one of my Microservers? I realize I might have to take the bracket off to do it, but it might be a possibility.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My understanding is that you want a board that has a BIOS and not UEFI. Personally, some old-ish board sitting around collecting dust with a PCIe slot is perfect! I used a spare Gigabyte i3 system I built and it worked flawlessly. I chose that because its already well documented that the Supermicro X9SCM-F-O(my new server motherboard) doesn't work without doing the UEFI commands. Considering I've never used the UEFI command line before I was a little scared to try it with such a delicate process.

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi gpsguy,

I use an old Gigabyte AMD AM-2 board for flashing LSI cards.

-Will

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Maybe I should start an M1015 flashing service.

Being that I have all the time in the world every day for the rest of my life I could make a few dollars off of it :P

Reactions: Wyl

Wyl

Explorer
Maybe I should start an M1015 flashing service :p

Don't kid... I am getting pretty frustrated right now, and willing to pay someone for there time. Problem is no one seem to the mobo required... lol

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not to circumvent what gpsguy is doing to help but if you want to pay for shipping to and from my place(chicago, IL) I don't mind flashing it for you. I've flashed 2 M1015s on my spare system so I know it can be done painlessly.

gpsguy

Or, he could take it on vacation with him next week. I live ~20 km's from his destination.

if you want to pay for shipping to and from my place

I've got a similar system, that I'm decommissioning now.

I use an old Gigabyte AMD AM-2 board for flashing LSI cards.

KMR

Contributor
I've been following his issue.. It should be possible with his board because I've done it with mine. I was thinking there was something wrong with the card? Were you able to confirm it isn't a knock off?

Status
Not open for further replies.