Finally on 9.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diedrichg

Wizard
I finally had an afternoon to upgrade to 9.3! I've been sitting on (2) SATADOMs the past 8 months just hoping for some time to do a full install and configuration.

I know others have had no issues with a direct upgrade from the 9.2 series but without system scrubbing and just relying on the system files to be "okay", I wanted to play it safe by starting from scratch. This way I know it's 100% clean code. It took awhile to take screenshots of every configuration screen but it was actually quite painless setting everything up from scratch.

Glad to be on the STABLE train!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I know others have had no issues with a direct upgrade from the 9.2 series but without system scrubbing and just relying on the system files to be "okay", I wanted to play it safe by starting from scratch. This way I know it's 100% clean code. It took awhile to take screenshots of every configuration screen but it was actually quite painless setting everything up from scratch.
The upgrade (to 9.3 at least) is the same as a clean install, only more automated and less flexible. ;)

diedrichg

Wizard
I truly didn't trust the process of a dirty upgrade to a partially modified OS. Even if the upgrade was faultless, I still didn't fully trust importing a config file that may have had dirty bits. I have read way too many posts about someone's upgrade being borked. Even though I have a backup, my data is much too valuable and irreplaceable.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

diedrichg

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.