Filecopy stailling in SMB, number of errors/warnings, some expected, some like WTF?

Yorick

Wizard
As for two things I have done that may be relevant information and you ask about: I did set resilver/scrub to run weekly, there is nothing in the manual as for recommendations to that apart from not running it when expecting IO load

Hence the confusion. "Scrub" is an integrity check across a pool, using those checksums. "Resilver" is rebuilding parity, usually when a drive was replaced, either after drive failure or because the drives in the pool are being proactively replaced.

A pool will get scrubbed regularly, but resilver should be rare.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

SecCon

Contributor
Thanks guys... I have verified one faulty drive, RMA ongoing. Meanwhile replacing all drives for two WD 4TB and one WD 6TB, hoping to expand storage later to three 6TB as I buy them.

SecCon

Contributor
Up and running again, original setup works, no repair or anything. It did not bind the previously used IP but that's for later...

Now to try to figure our how to add the new drive. Don't tell me it has to be the same size as the previous ones... looks pretty straightforward but it won't let me extend. Again, back to reading and trying to understand instead of just getting things done. You said years, Chris... I don't have years.

SecCon

Contributor