File Share error - there is not enough space

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoR_NiKoN

Cadet
Hi,

Im new to FreeNAS and setup my first installation today (FreeNAS 9.3). My system has 5x 4tb drives and the first thing i setup was the Plex Server as per the IXSystems youtube video and i have a small problem

When i started moving all my media from my old hard drives i had in the machine running plex before i encountered an issue that i cant seem to find an answer for online (all the info on google just doesnt help).

Basically if i try to copy all my media in one hit i get the error "There is not enough space on PlexMedia, you need an additional ##GB to copy these files" and so im having to break the copy process into chunks of about 38GB in order to migrate my data.

Has anyone come across this before and can suggest a fix...

As i said im new to FreeNAS so still trying to pick things up but i cant see anything in the settings that would cause this issue.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

LoR_NiKoN

D

dlavigne

What is the size of the storage that you added to the plex jail?

D

dlavigne

?? You're copying chunks of 32GB to 14GB?? Paste the output of zpool list within code tags and verify the amount of data you are migrating.

D

dlavigne

Click on Shell (towards the bottom of the tree on the left) and type zpool list. To paste into the post, click the Insert icon and be sure to select Code, otherwise the paste will be unreadable.

LoR_NiKoN

Cadet
hope this is what you were after....

upload_2015-4-8_19-9-50.png

LoR_NiKoN

Cadet
Click on Shell (towards the bottom of the tree on the left) and type zpool list. To paste into the post, click the Insert icon and be sure to select Code, otherwise the paste will be unreadable.
yeah sorry just worked it out before you posted :)

LoR_NiKoN

Cadet
Ok ive edited this post as i was wrong but i have more info.... seems i can move as much as i like to the root share but if i have any sub folders im hitting this transfer limit.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Status
Not open for further replies.