File locked when sharing NFS on WIN 7 ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

wavenas

Cadet
I am new to FreeNAS and I just did a fresh install of 8.3.0. Everything seems to be fine except that sharing volume through NFS has some issue.

I set file owner and group of the volume to 'nobody', and set mapall user and group of NFS sharing to 'nobody' as well. On my Windows 7 ultimate, I enabled NFS client service and administrative tools. Reboot both FreeNAS and Windows, I could map NFS shared path as a Windows directory. However, when I tried to copy files to the directory, the client always prompted me something like, the portion of the file is locked by another user.

I also tried to map the directory by command line, "mount -o". The problem is same. I searched forum, found several users reporting similar issue but I didn't find definite answer.

CIFS mount is fine, I got up to 30% of the giga link when writing to NAS. The speed quite unstable, zigzag between 30% and 5% every second or so. NAS' CPU usage is low. But this is a different issue. I'd like to make NFS working if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.