FeeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509022158

Status
Not open for further replies.

macross

Cadet
First my replication jobs started failing.

Now none work because of a bug in the stable tree which gets updated every other day requiring reboot of supposedly stable production machine.

Furthermore I can no longer even see snapshots using previous versions in windows.

Sorry rough times.

I updated the other day to 9.3 and my replication jobs all stopped. I checked the channel they advised it was a recent bug and that i should rollback. A new version was released which I updated to think it would resolve the replication issues.

Now i can't see previous versions anymore which was a really important part of running this. And replication doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

I don't think anyone has made a bug report for the previous versions yet. Can you check, make one if it doesn't exist, and post the issue number here?

rogerh

Guru
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11227 says resolved but is not

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11230 is resolved in thread title build

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11130 the informational one, still ongoing; it also fails to deliver error messages from the receiving system so I hope this bit gets resolved at the same time.

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11135 resolved by going back to previous behaviour, but see #11227 above

So not perfect yet!

Edit: sorry, you could read the above as disagreeing, but, yes, we need the versions bug as well!

Last edited:

macross

Cadet
Hi

It seems my replication might be working. I can search for some new snapshots and I was able to manually send one.

It still doesn't show last snapshot date. It only states it has succeeded.

Any ideas ? I have requested the info directly using the api but it still yields nothing.

rogerh

Guru
Hi

It seems my replication might be working. I can search for some new snapshots and I was able to manually send one.

It still doesn't show last snapshot date. It only states it has succeeded.

Any ideas ? I have requested the info directly using the api but it still yields nothing.
As far as the reporting of 'last snapshot replicated" I think we are waiting for the developers to fix it. Replication never stopped working for me, but I could not set up new replication tasks and stale snapshots weren't being synchronised between machines Now both work in the 201509022158 release. But on my setup old snapshots are not being deleted on the sending machine, so they are only deleted on the receiving machine if I delete them manually on the sending machine. The developers are working on this too.
There is a bug recorded for not being able to copy a previous version, but not for being unable to see previous versions at all on Windows, as far as I can see. So I suggest you make a bug report. If you register on https://bugs.freenas.org first, you can report a bug through the GUI.

macross

Cadet
As far as the reporting of 'last snapshot replicated" I think we are waiting for the developers to fix it. Replication never stopped working for me, but I could not set up new replication tasks and stale snapshots weren't being synchronised between machines Now both work in the 201509022158 release. But on my setup old snapshots are not being deleted on the sending machine, so they are only deleted on the receiving machine if I delete them manually on the sending machine. The developers are working on this too.
There is a bug recorded for not being able to copy a previous version, but not for being unable to see previous versions at all on Windows, as far as I can see. So I suggest you make a bug report. If you register on https://bugs.freenas.org first, you can report a bug through the GUI.

Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. I will try to contribute more info for bug testing from now on. I am also running 201509022158 and and the same issue of snapshots not being removed on the sending side. I have 15 jobs now that say succeeded and I can see snapshots up to the hour on the receiver. But I cannot get last snapshot info from the api or gui.

I am definitely having an issue where I cannot see previous versions on windows any more over smb to a dataset with snapshots. I will open a bug report for that.

rogerh

Guru
Thank you for the information I really appreciate it. I will try to contribute more info for bug testing from now on. I am also running 201509022158 and and the same issue of snapshots not being removed on the sending side. I have 15 jobs now that say succeeded and I can see snapshots up to the hour on the receiver. But I cannot get last snapshot info from the api or gui.

I am definitely having an issue where I cannot see previous versions on windows any more over smb to a dataset with snapshots. I will open a bug report for that.
If you do report it, could you please post the issue number here?

SilverJS

Patron
Thought I'd post this up here, in case someone (like myself earlier today) finds this thread via search while looking for solutions to the Replication issues they're having.

Solution, for me anyways, was to downgrade to a mid-June build (later ones might work, I was just gone for a long time and didn't update while I was away) and delete all snapshots on the PULL side that were past what was indicated on the PUSH side under the Replication tab, "Last snapshot sent to remote side". More details here :

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11130

Hope this helps someone down the road!

rogerh

Guru
Thought I'd post this up here, in case someone (like myself earlier today) finds this thread via search while looking for solutions to the Replication issues they're having.

Solution, for me anyways, was to downgrade to a mid-June build (later ones might work, I was just gone for a long time and didn't update while I was away) and delete all snapshots on the PULL side that were past what was indicated on the PUSH side under the Replication tab, "Last snapshot sent to remote side". More details here :

https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11130

Hope this helps someone down the road!
AFAICS in the last update (FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509160044) new snapshot tasks and replication tasks work properly, except for the GUI display of the replication task not being updated with the name of the latest snapshot replicated and not showing some error messages from the receiving side. It may require some manual tidying of old snapshots if it takes over some existing tasks after the update, but it is now working.

SilverJS

Patron
Oh - so this might have just been a GUI fault all along (for my particular situation anyways)?

(Didn't mean to thread jack, btw.)

I seem to remember seeing, on PULL, newer snapshots than the GUI on PUSH indicated. But I trusted the PUSH GUI more.

rogerh

Guru
Oh - so this might have just been a GUI fault all along (for my particular situation anyways)?

(Didn't mean to thread jack, btw.)

I seem to remember seeing, on PULL, newer snapshots than the GUI on PUSH indicated. But I trusted the PUSH GUI more.
There were several other replication problems in the first two 9.3.1 releases. And I believe there are still some problems with Windows 'previous versions', but I don't use them so I don' t know.

macross

Cadet
Actually previous versions is working well now for me and replication is running without issue.

I only have the lastsnapshot status issue on going. I can gather that data and display it for monitoring other ways so it's not crucial but definitely desired.

rogerh

Guru
Oh good. So nearly everything is working provided one keeps an eye on the receiving system. There is one non-fatal error message that I don't get now (about receiving pool not being able to receive aclmode) that I can't find logged anywhere, so I will be glad when this is fixed. It may or may not be part of the last snapshot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.