Feature or bug restoring encrypted drives

myozone

Dabbler
I've found a problem (issue?) where when re-installing Freenas (I deleted the install entirely) encrypted drives don't unlocked (I use the key and password) - I reinstalled the config first. When I disconnect and re add the encrypted drive (from the GUI) the drive will unlock ok. Another un-encrypted drive re-installs ok along with it's shares.

This is the error

[SIZE=7][B]Error Unlocking[/B][/SIZE] [MiddlewareError: Volume could not be imported: 2 devices failed to decrypt] remove_circle_outline More info... Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tastypie/resources.py", line 219, in wrapper response = callback(request, *args, **kwargs) File "./freenasUI/api/resources.py", line 949, in unlock form.done(obj) File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py", line 2847, in done raise MiddlewareError(msg) freenasUI.middleware.exceptions.MiddlewareError: [MiddlewareError: Volume could not be imported: 2 devices failed to decrypt]

myozone

Dabbler
I would guess so, if the correct way to restore encrypted drives is to first remove them, after a reinstall of Freenas