Fan Speed Monitoring via GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanodec

Dabbler
I dug around for a while this morning, but couldn't seem to track down a concise answer regarding setting up a fan speed monitor in the GUI. Is this option available or has someone scripted something they have found to work?

Thoughts?

Bidule0hm

Server Electronics Sorcerer
I don't know any solution of this sort.

But if your MB has IPMI you can start from the ipmitool command ;)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
GUI? Not a chance before FreeNAS 10. The 9.3 GUI is frozen for all but essential and/or small changes. The FreeNAS 10 GUI will be much more flexible, so a feature request might get the machine rolling.

It's not trivial, but doable. If CLI is ok, you can hack something up yourself with the output of ipmitool sensor -listall (or however it went, check the IPMI sensor threshold guide part 1).

nanodec

Dabbler
GUI? Not a chance before FreeNAS 10. The 9.3 GUI is frozen for all but essential and/or small changes. The FreeNAS 10 GUI will be much more flexible, so a feature request might get the machine rolling.

It's not trivial, but doable. If CLI is ok, you can hack something up yourself with the output of ipmitool sensor -listall (or however it went, check the IPMI sensor threshold guide part 1).

@Ericloewe - Is there a timeframe on when 10 is released?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
@Ericloewe - Is there a timeframe on when 10 is released?
According to the current plan, the first somewhat usable build is due on 2015-08-15, with a couple more milestones and, I assume, a few betas and release candidates.

Don't count on it before 2016.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I won't give a timetable as that's not something I'm qualified to talk about. But do not expect the RELEASE it for at least a year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.